Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Snow?

We had snow sitting on the ground from Christmastime... I'd say about 6 inches. But last night, and more today!?! We're supposed to get between 10 and 12 inches! Yikes. I like snow, don't get me wrong. But I kind of feel like once Christmas is over, the snow should be minimal.

Do you know what I find funny? It's been over a year now since I left my teaching job. But I never fail to get my hopes up for snow days. Not sure why. Just excited for all the students and teachers that can stay home. Where I worked, we had to report on snow days, but we treated them as work or "catch up" days to do paper work, cleaning, etc... I loved those days. And on occasion, I'd call in and stay home. :) As a kid or teenager (or even college student!) I loved staying home on snow days. I remember my dad kissing us goodbye as he'd leave for work and saying "No school today!" And of course, we'd all sigh with relief and snuggle back into our covers.

But hello? Daddy still had to go to work in the snow. The real world just keeps on living.

Jeff is kind of sad he had to go in today. He hopes they let the staff go early tonight, but we doubt it. I feel sorry for people that have to drive in snow and scary roads. It's not fun and it's not fair to feel like you have to risk your life for your job. I say the whole city just shuts down when it snows any significant amount. Ha ha ha... yeah... and I also wanted to be communist (remember that post awhile back?).

Okay. That just made me think of something WAAAAAAY off topic. How do I add another post or some body's blog in bold so you can click on it? I have seen MckMama, Jessica, and Molly all do it. But I totally cannot figure it out. I also want to know how to do a line through your words... I tried figuring that out too, and can't.

Anyway; happy snow day whether you're home or you're out. Be safe and stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. I love snow days for the excuse to stay in the house all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sisi! Just highlight the word that will be a "hot link" to another sight/post, then click on the chain link-looking button on top of your new post box. It'll have you enter the address that you want the highlighted word take you to!

    E-mail me if you have problems. I've done it wrong before... so if you have trouble, no fear! Try again!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to do a "strike out," type < s > before the word or words you want the line to go through, and < /s > when you're done, but without the spaces between the < and the s (or /s) and the >
    So if I type < s >Jessica< /s > but leave out the spaces, it should look crossed out. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!